BRAVE Global is moving boldly into territory that requires courage, endurance and a huge amount of faith. We want you to be a part of this journey with us. We believe that together we can help girls understand what it truly is to have hope, be empowered and to live in freedom.
Donations can be made:
- Online as a one-time or recurring gift
- By Mail: Send checks to:
668 Obispo Ave., Long Beach, CA 90814
Honorary Gifts are a meaningful way to pay tribute to those you love. You can make a gift in the name of loved ones to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, or in someone’s memory or honor. If you have questions about Tributes & Honorary Gifts, please contact us at: email@example.com
SETTING UP A LEGACY
You can make a lasting impact by including Brave Global in your will, or by naming Brave Global as a beneficiary of a retirement/savings account, life insurance policy, or charitable trust.
If you have included Brave Global in your estate plans, please be sure to let us know so we can properly thank you for your generosity.
For all estate planning decisions, we recommend consulting with an attorney or financial advisor.
Making a gift to Brave Global through your will or trust is a powerful way to ensure your legacy. The easiest and most popular way to give is through a bequest, which is a stipulation in your will or trust that designates part of your estate as a gift to Brave Global.
Beyond making a lasting impact towards Brave Global’s mission, making a charitable bequest has many advantages – including easing the estate tax burden on your family and keeping control of your assets during your lifetime.
Sample Bequest Language
Bequest of specific dollar amount:
I hereby give, devise and bequeath <the sum of $XDollars> to Brave Global at 668 Obispo Ave., Long Beach, CA 90814, tax ID#XXXXX
Bequest of a percentage of the estate:
I hereby give, devise and bequeath <___%> of my total estate, determined as of the date of my death, to Brave Global, a nonprofit organization located at 668 Obispo Ave, Long Beach, CA 90814, tax ID#XXXXX, for Brave Global’s general use and purpose.
In addition to leaving a legacy, there may be tax advantages for making a gift or naming Brave Global as a beneficiary of your retirement plan assets, bank accounts or a life insurance policy.
- Retirement Plan Assets: May be a particularly effective way to fund a charitable bequest. Depending upon the size of your estate, income and estate taxes may consume a large portion of this asset. By naming Brave Global as a beneficiary, you may be able to substantially reduce or even eliminate your tax liability.
- Charitable IRA Rollover: Allows taxpayers age 70-1/2 and above to donate up to $100,000 directly from their Individual Retirement Account to a charity without treating the distribution as taxable income. Rollover gifts transferred directly to Brave Global may also be used to meet a donor’s required minimum distribution.
- Life Insurance Policies: Can also serve as a significant gift while simultaneously providing you with a current income tax deduction for the cash value and any premiums you pay in the future. Either through a charitable gift of an existing life insurance policy, or by naming Brave Global as a beneficiary, you have an opportunity to amplify your legacy and the impact of your generosity for years to come.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts. If you have built a sizable estate and are looking for ways to receive reliable payments, consider a charitable remainder trust. This type of trust provides you or other named individuals income each year for life or a period not exceeding 20 years from assets you give to the trust you create. At the end of the trust term, the balance in the trust goes to Brave Global.
- Charitable Lead Trusts. If you want to make an impact at Brave Global now and also provide for your family later, consider setting up a charitable lead trust. You transfer cash or other assets to a trust that makes payments to Brave Global for a period of time. When the term is up, the remaining trust passes to your family or other beneficiary you select.